Monday, May 11, 2009

{ideas} Minus 3 Weeks .. and counting..

Some things I need to think about...

Server Trays.
- servers & caterer's will poor champagne in the kitchen and serve everyone at one time with champagne. We will need at least 5 trays - may be able to borrow some?

Ice! - How can we keep ice outside/inside near the beverage jars for those who like ice in their glasses? and without using a big blue ice chest...(will also need 2 scoops for this)

Sweet Stuff. - Will need something to put the simple syrup (ice tea sweetener) in for guests to pour. Thinking about a syrup bottle? (something that can stay covered and is easy for the guest to pour).

Curious George. - Something to keep the kids happy (coloring books, crayons?)

Bathroom Baskets. - (1 women, 1 men, full of spray deodorant, gum, tide to go stick, etc. placed in the bathrooms)

Sorry, VIP only? - Should I make "reserved" signs for certain tables for bridal party, etc. since we are not doing place seatings?

What else should we be working on at 3 weeks out? I am about finished with the programs, will need to finalize a few details and print...

I can't wait to see it all come together..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been following your blog for a little bit...love your ideas! I'm getting married in Sept and we have a very similar color palette :)

Anyway, YES make VIP signs. I was in a wedding where there was no assigned seating and since people just spread out and left empty seats at tables the bridal party had no where to sit! We were the last ones into the reception so we were out of luck.

Abbie said...

Galvanized buckets for the ice!! Michaels has large ones for super cheap... use a coupon!

You could use oil & vinegar cruets for the simple sugar.

Dollar store for the kids' stuff. Seriously. I stocked up.

Don't go overboard on the bathroom baskets. Pick up the trial sized items at Target, Walmart or Walgreens.

YES on VIP signs!!

Create an emergency kit for you and the girls... cotton balls, chalk *for stains on your dress*, bobby pins, hairspray, baby powder, foot petals for your shoes... and on and on!

Yay. I can't believe you are so close!

Amanda said...

Yeah, I do have a ton of things on my to do list... but I'm so excited! I can't wait!