Wednesday, October 1, 2008

{invites} %&*#$^@$&

because i have the most ridiculous, 5 year-old looking, tilting upward, sometimes downward, ugliest handwriting i have just about ever seen...and because i am trying to save money... i had totally intended to print out address labels on beautiful soft white, oval stickers with a fancy font. it was going to be bee-u-tee-ful. (and yes.. i am talking about my save the dates that have been ready to go for weeks now pending on finalizing the guest list - which we have finally done - and printing the address labels). 

welcome to my first bump in the road: ixnay on the address labels. we can't find a way to print them short of a)buying a printer or b)paying someone to do it for me (which costs money). i had intended to utilize the work printer, but there are too many problems associated with that...as you can imagine.

so. i am (gulp) going to try to handwrite the addresses. i will just buy a nice pen, take my time, oh..and try to stay sober (aka not having a glass of wine while attempting to write beautifully). 

 
i do think handwritten is the nicer, more thoughtful thing to do...but what if it gets thrown in the trash because the recipient thinks it's some sort of joke being played on them by a little kid? surely not. ;)  

..unless anyone has a better idea?

6 comments:

Amanda said...

I don't think your handwriting is bad at all! I think they will look great.

Anonymous said...

It isn't that bad! But maybe you have a bridesmaid you could hand this one off to? It is her 'duty' after all ;) You could have a little 'addressing party' But maybe save the champagne and wine for after the task is completed :)

Sharon Jasmine said...

Amy, I love you... but you are right, you do have less than perfect handwriting. But... if that's your biggest problem in life... you're fine.
This may be a ridiculous offer, but I have (if I do say so myself) absurdly good handwriting. If you fax or email or whatever me the info, I would buy the labels and write them all for you. I could mail them back to you, and you could just pay for the shipping.
Anyway... may not be practical for you but I am more than happy to do it.

PixieGrin said...

aw. you guys are so awesome...

amanda - thanks...your vote of confidence gave me the courage to diy!

heather - i would LOVE to stick it to my bridesmaids...but they all live over 2000 miles away. but thanks for the thought..

sharon - you are so precious. what a wonderful gift. thank you for your sweet offer...but i am going to use my terrible handwriting for the stds...now, maybe the invites will be another story..

xoxo to you all.

Sharon Jasmine said...

haha... I think you are doing a pretty dang fantastic job. Please let me know if you would like me to help with the invites... I am more than happy to help, sweetie... I wouldn't offer if I didn't mean it.
xo

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

My handwriting is worse (my e-party thank you cards were so cute til i wrote on them) but i think Sharon is awesome for extending that offer :) and that could be a fun project to do together :)