Wednesday, December 31, 2008

{beauty} my top 5 beauty essentials

the closer the day gets, the more i am concerned on looking my best. here are my top 5 essentials for looking my best everyday:

1. lube up. i be sure to use this lotion all over my body every. single. day. i love it because it gives me a sort of glow, but without being too greasy...you can find it at your local drug store.


2. brighten my day. ok..so i don't use the mac strobe cream every day because it is slightly expensive...but for special occasions (like nye), i like dab on a little of this with my daily face moisturizer. it's great for giving a luminous glow..even when you are tired and crabby! i just love it. ask to try a little on your hand next time you pass a mac counter..you'll be amazed at the difference it makes.


3. cover it up. i have been using mac studio fix for years now. i love that it's lightweight and does the job of concealer, foundation, and powder all in one. it's great for on the go too as it comes in an easy to carry compact with a mirror and a little sponge thing (although i use a brush to glide it on at home...helps it to last longer).


4. love your locks. i also don't use this shampoo & conditioner everyday because it's really expensive...actually, right now i'm living on a couple of samples but plan to buy the set as the wedding day nears...i can't believe the difference it makes...every time i use it, people have asked if i just got out from the salon. it's actually made for asian women with thinning hair..who would have guessed that i could pass for one. ;)

try a free trial of the fortifying shampoo & conditioner

5. kissable kisser. i love my burts bees. need i say more?

i prefer the plain old beeswax to the rest of their line..but to each her own.

1 comment:

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

i love the strobe cream! I also love Laura Mercier's illuminating radiance :)

RelentlessBride