Friday, December 12, 2008

{reception} can it be done?

i love the inside of our reception area...except for the big white lights everywhere...i plan to leave the majority of them off and string those cafe bulbs across the middle..


i also plan on having a big monogram made in vinyl for the spot over the fireplace (btw..it almost makes me wish we were getting married in the winter just so i can turn that thing on!!).

here's the thing...we are expecting around 130 guests and plan to scatter round tables about the area... but i really want the middle left for the dance floor..something like this:

source

but fh says it's impossible...my response (in the words of that great Albert Einstein):

"Only those who attempt the absurd can achieve the impossible."

what do you think?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the link for the google gadget...I love it! And I love the look of your reception hall. For 130 guests...it might be tight...but just looking at the pic I can't tell...but the 2nd pic looks like a good time...so if you can figure it out...go to it! Good luck!

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

Totally doable!!! You can do anything you put your mind to :)

Amanda said...

I think your reception hall looks amazing! I understand being irritated by certain aspects of decor. I recently found out our reception venue stuck up a ton of beige cloth paneling on our walls. Ahhh! Now we have to find an affordable way to make them invisible.

Anonymous said...

so I think you could wrap cheese cloth around the poles that have the lights... it would dim the lights and take your eyes off the tacky white. Also, I think it would be gorgeous to put different size white candles in the fireplace and have them all burning. sooo pretty!

Bad Kid Productions said...

That place is so lovely! You should put candles in the fireplace... still get a warm glow, but without all that heat.

I think you can do it!

Kelley at My Island Wedding said...

Tell your hubby "It's absurd" then tell him to dance!!!

looks fantastic