Friday, December 12, 2008

{reception} can it be done?

i love the inside of our reception area...except for the big white lights everywhere...i plan to leave the majority of them off and string those cafe bulbs across the middle..


i also plan on having a big monogram made in vinyl for the spot over the fireplace (btw..it almost makes me wish we were getting married in the winter just so i can turn that thing on!!).

here's the thing...we are expecting around 130 guests and plan to scatter round tables about the area... but i really want the middle left for the dance floor..something like this:

source

but fh says it's impossible...my response (in the words of that great Albert Einstein):

"Only those who attempt the absurd can achieve the impossible."

what do you think?

6 comments:

D. Marie said...

Thanks for the link for the google gadget...I love it! And I love the look of your reception hall. For 130 guests...it might be tight...but just looking at the pic I can't tell...but the 2nd pic looks like a good time...so if you can figure it out...go to it! Good luck!

AmyJean said...

Totally doable!!! You can do anything you put your mind to :)

Amanda said...

I think your reception hall looks amazing! I understand being irritated by certain aspects of decor. I recently found out our reception venue stuck up a ton of beige cloth paneling on our walls. Ahhh! Now we have to find an affordable way to make them invisible.

sharon norbash said...

so I think you could wrap cheese cloth around the poles that have the lights... it would dim the lights and take your eyes off the tacky white. Also, I think it would be gorgeous to put different size white candles in the fireplace and have them all burning. sooo pretty!

Broke-ass Bride said...

That place is so lovely! You should put candles in the fireplace... still get a warm glow, but without all that heat.

I think you can do it!

Kelley at My Island Wedding said...

Tell your hubby "It's absurd" then tell him to dance!!!

looks fantastic