Monday, March 23, 2009

{jewelry} dreams do come true..

my fh has not had a day off since mid-january. he's works 5 days a week and goes to "fireman school" on his 2 days "off." we never see each other anymore and he's working himself sick..yesterday, he stayed home with a headache he can't seem to shake...but by the afternoon, he was ready to get out of the house for an hour or so..just long enough for us to buy our wedding bands!

his (only his is all platinum, without the gold):

hers:

as we sat there, watching the incredibly nice manager of the store wrap up our beautiful tokens of love (cheesy, but true!), i was engraving the memory in my mind. i don't want to forget the moment when we purchased our rings. it was one of the happiest moments of my life...a girl from not a lot of money, sitting in tiffany's buying a wedding band with the man of her dreams. that doesn't happen for a lot of girls, i know. i am very, very blessed. i want to remember that feeling and i want to smile back on it someday when we are old and grey..and our son or daughter calls to tell us they are purchasing their wedding bands...and i will remember, sitting in an ever so elegant room, young (well, sort of), and giddy in love.

we were so excited, we stopped for a cocktail on the way home..

and vowed to only wear our rings around the apartment every once in awhile until the big day!

9 comments:

Abbie said...

Yay!! I love the picture. Too cute! I actually just asked J to go figure out what his size is. There's not much to choose from in our town... and certainly not a Tiffany's, but I'm still excited. :)

honey my heart said...

congratulations, those are beautiful rings

Kelley at My Island Wedding said...

OMG, we both got the same rings!! Aren't they just amazing at Tiffany's? I love that you celebrated and took that wonderful photo!

I'm going to write a post for next week about them (and a NOT SO NICE) competitor!!!

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

Ohhh i love the men's ring. its so gorgeous. both all platinum and the mixed one... i love them both!
RelentlessBride

Jenny said...

It was so very hard for me not to wear my wedding band before I got married. Worst yet ours didn't get wrapped at the store so it only encouraged it more.

holly | bijou lovely said...

beautiful rings!

Erica said...

SO SO happy for you both! I reminds me of that moment in Breakfast in Tiffany's where they get the ring engraved...Not too much longer now until you'll be wearing them every day. :)

Anonymous said...

hhhmmm. love some champagne to celebrate! great moment.

Lyndsy said...

Congratulations! They are both perfect! Love those little robin egg blue boxes!