Saturday, January 5, 2008

So far, so good...

Well, I just finished my first book for the year AND I took my first self-defense class today. Good stuff...

The class...is awesome. I'm already addicted and can't wait to go to the 1pm class tomorrow. At first, I was a little nervous because there is nothing but a bunch of really big guys, except for one little bitty Asian girl that stood in the back. When they told us to grab a partner the first time, I befriended her. After realizing that she would'nt be much of a challenge for me...I was happy when one of the guys asked me to be his partner. woohoo..finally, I can punch as hard as I want to.. I learned how to use the palm of my hand when I want to break a nose or a jaw. I learned how to get out of a choke hold from the front and how to really kick 'em where it counts. I am elated! I swear, this class is meant for me... I don't understand why people go to the gym and sweat away as their eyes are glued to the tv.. I know..I used to do it myself...but now I see it's kind of silly. Why wander aimlessly around a muscle-head gym to merely get in shape, when one could get in shape and really learn something useful..how to defend one-self. It's a no-brainer for me, especially after the few run-ins with the crazy unfortunates on the street.. oh I am so excited...

No comments: