Thursday, March 27, 2008

Getting Older...

I'm on my fourth book for the year. It's a good one too...when I first read about it I thought, "I don't want to read about a circus, or elephants for that matter." But it turns out that it's more than that...There are parts in it that confirm my fears of getting older...things I see happening to my 70-something year old father. Things like memory loss...knobby knuckles, longing for corn on the cob, not recognizing the face nor the eyes that stare back at you in the mirror.

My mother is good with the "getting older" thing. She says it doesn't bother her, and I believe her. She says she feels 20 something on the inside, just doesn't look it so much anymore on the outside. I guess I can understand that. I feel 24 or maybe 27 at heart. My thoughts are still the same...it is my body that I feel changing. I can't eat just anything I want to anymore...I have to think about my weight, my heart, my sleep. Sleep. I miss sleep.

I think I will have a problem with the age thing. I already do...and I'm not that old...yet.

No comments: