Friday, July 18, 2008

And so the journey begins...

i know, i know. i haven't written in a while. but there has been so much going on! so i haven't read a book lately, nor have i been to krav maga, or any other thing that i posted on my new years resolution post.. because the most fabulous thing happened...i will become a mrs. on may 30, 2009! that's right. he proposed! and ever since i have been obsessed with wedding planning. i have my spot, my dress, my colors. seriously. and i've only been engaged for 2 months.

it all started in new york city...

it was my first trip to the big apple..i fell in love with it the moment the plane landed. he had told me we were staying with his cousin in brooklyn and would have to wait for her to get off of work. so, bags in tow, we walked the streets of brooklyn heights. i felt like i had walked on to a movie set. it was perfect. we walked to the park by the water and looked at the magnificent city. he wanted to take my picture, but i refused as we had been travelling all day. i turned to look at the city once more before we left the park..and i heard him say, "Well, if you won't take a picture for me, will you marry me?" i looked at him, on his knee...arm outstretched with a little box...hands were trembling. i couldn't believe it. I couldn't make a sound. i must have been staring at him with shock for quite some time because he had to ask, "Is that a yes?" I kissed his face a million times. "of course it's a yes," i said.

later i found out it was all an act..the part of meeting his cousin that is. he took me to the very first spot he ever went to on his first trip to new york. he wanted to share it with me. and he also had a hotel booked for the weekend just up the street from there so we wouldn't have to stay with his cousin in her tiny studio apartment.

so, i guess i am staying true to my new years resolution...i have fallen in love with my honey all over again...

No comments: